Casting a Circle
From the book "Power of the Witch" by Laurie Cabot
1. Remove all animals and small children from the area and any furniture that you do not want to be inside your circle.
2. Set up your altar before you cast the circle.
3. Locate magnetic north with a compass and, holding the wand out from your body, go into alpha and see the wand's aura extending out from it, especially at the tip.
4. Visualize the tip of the wand creating a circle of light and energy, like a lazer, as you walk clockwise three times around the area. The circumference drawn by the wand's tip will be the edge of your circle. Project white light out from the wand to create the circle of energy. In your mind see the circle as geometrically perfect and say to yourself that it is.
5. Walk the circle the second time around and say out loud, "I cast this circle to protect me / us from all negative and positive energies and forces on any level that may come to do me / us harm. I draw into this circle only the energies and forces that are right for me / us and the most correct for my / our work."
6. Walk the circle the third time and say, "I create sacred space. So mote it be."
7. Invoke the four directions and the energies of the elements, angels, and powers that reside in them by using the athame, wand, sword, or index finger to draw an invoking pentagram as you face each direction. Use a ritual spell of invocation or one you write for yourself.
8. To open a circle hold the wand out over the circumference of the circle and, beginning at magnetic north, walk once around the circle counterclockwise as you say, "I send this circle into the cosmos to do my / our bidding. The circle is undone but not broken."
Planetary Hours , A Blessing for Those Without Self Worth , Basic Ritual , Balancing and Grounding Ritual , Casting a Circle , Centering Ritual , The Chocolate Ritual , Conjuring of Spirits , Consecration of Chalice, Athame or Other Tool , An Eclectic Circle Ceremony , Full Moon Ritual , House Blessing , House Cleasing Ritual , Imbolc/Candlemas Ritual , Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram , Letting Go Ritual , Luck Ritual , Maiden Ritual , May Eve/Beltane Ritual , The Memory Rite , Midsummer Ritual , Money Ritual , Mystical Pentagram Ritual , Negative Love Energy Cleansing Ritual , The Nemesis Conjuration , New Moon Ritual , New Moon Prosperity Ritual , Ostara/Spring Equinox Ritual , Outline of a Ritual for a Solitary Witch , Protection Ritual , Ritual to Aid in Depression , Samhain Ritual , Samhain Ritual Traditional , Self Blessing Ritual , Self Dedication Ritual , Self Dedication Ritual 2 , Solitary Moon Rite , Solitary Imbolg Ritual , Spiritual Growth Ritual of the Wolves , uccess and Prosperity Ritual , Third Eye Ritual , To Create Sacred Space and A Permanent Alter , Wiccan Pentagram Ritual , Yule/Winter Solstice Ritual
A Letter From Mom And Dad , An Open Letter to a Witch , Banner Links , Blessings , The Charges of the Gods , Crafts , Correspondences , Devotions , Dictionary , Goddess Months , Gods and Goddesses , Herbs , Invocations , Magickal Needs , Meditations , Metaphysical , Miscellanous Items , Oghams , Recipes , Redes and Laws , Rituals , Runes , Sitemap , Spells , Short Stories , Tarot , Text Links , Webrings , What is Wicca? , What Law Enforcment Agencies Need To Know About Witchcraft
Background Set Courtesy of