The Memory Rite
Purpose: To rid oneself of potentially ego damaging block, or denied memories
Materials needed: Yellow candles, kamea of sol, a box of any shape, or size, a solar incense, and music of a childlike nature may be used to enhance the atmosphere.
The box should have a lid. Paint the inside gloss black, or line it with an irregular reflective surface, such as aluminum foil. The outside should be decorated with any drawings, pictures, or whatever one may want to help evokea childlike state of mind, and to help trigger childhood memories.
Premise: The premise for this rite is that we all have blocked memories in ourselves, that we either won't, or can't face. They may include everything from being teased at school by our friends to emotional, physical, or mental abuse by parents, loved ones, etc. The purpose of this rite is to draw these hidden memories up into a closed box, open it in a manner similar to the Pandora myth, and meet, greet, and make peace with the memories, as they can be very detrimental to one's ego growth if kept
hidden. Instead of finding hope in our boxes though, we will find acceptance, and peace with oneself, and one's past.
1. Opening of any sort one feels comfortable with.
2. Statement of intent: It is my will to greet my past, and accept it for what it is.
3. MO recites the invocation:
I call the past to meet the present,
that the future may be bright.
I bring myself forth from the dark,
and hold me to the light.
Let not the past control my present,
let not my future be dark as night.
I meet and greet me with open arms,
and move back into the light.
4. At this point, one person sits in the center of the group with their box, keeping it closed. Hishi focuses on the box while the rest of the participants circle around hir, teasing, insulting, degrading hir. At this point, the teasing should not be to personal. When hishi reaches gnosis, hishi opens the box, and gazes inside, seeing whatever they see. At this point, the taunting should reach a more personal, and vicious attitude. This continues until hishi closes their box again.
5. The box then is dealt with in whatever manner hishi sees fit. It can be destroyed, left open in a spot of sunlight, kept for future uses, as it may be a good idea to do this more than once.
6. When the first person is finished, another takes hir place, until the entire group has a turn.
7. Banish by laughter, and hugs all 'round.
Planetary Hours , A Blessing for Those Without Self Worth , Basic Ritual , Balancing and Grounding Ritual, Casting a Circle , Centering Ritual , The Chocolate Ritual , Conjuring of Spirits , Consecration of Chalice, Athame or Other Tool , An Eclectic Circle Ceremony , Full Moon Ritual , House Blessing , House Cleasing Ritual , Imbolc/Candlemas Ritual , Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram , Letting Go Ritual , Luck Ritual , Maiden Ritual , May Eve/Beltane Ritual , The Memory Rite , Midsummer Ritual , Money Ritual , Mystical Pentagram Ritual , Negative Love Energy Cleansing Ritual , The Nemesis Conjuration , New Moon Ritual , New Moon Prosperity Ritual , Ostara/Spring Equinox Ritual , Outline of a Ritual for a Solitary Witch , Protection Ritual , Ritual to Aid in Depression , Samhain Ritual , Samhain Ritual Traditional , Self Blessing Ritual , Self Dedication Ritual , Self Dedication Ritual 2 , Solitary Moon Rite , Solitary Imbolg Ritual , Spiritual Growth Ritual of the Wolves , uccess and Prosperity Ritual , Third Eye Ritual , To Create Sacred Space and A Permanent Alter , Wiccan Pentagram Ritual , Yule/Winter Solstice Ritual
A Letter From Mom And Dad , An Open Letter to a Witch , Banner Links , Blessings , The Charges of the Gods , Crafts , Correspondences , Devotions , Dictionary , Goddess Months , Gods and Goddesses , Herbs , Invocations , Magickal Needs , Meditations , Metaphysical , Miscellanous Items , Oghams , Recipes , Redes and Laws , Rituals , Runes , Sitemap , Spells , Short Stories , Tarot , Text Links , Webrings , What is Wicca? , What Law Enforcment Agencies Need To Know About Witchcraft